About GGSIP University, New Delhi
Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU) was the first University established in 1998 by Govt. of the NCT of Delhi under the provisions of the Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University Act, 1998. In a short span of 24 years, the University has been able to earn the best of national accreditations, educational awards, and stringent certifications.
DME Law School, Noida
Delhi Metropolitan Education (DME) is an ‘A’ grade premier educational institute affiliated with Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU), New Delhi. DME imparts education in the fields of Law, Management, and Journalism, with law courses approved by the Bar Council of India.
About the Call for papers
Criminologists, educators, academicians, think tanks, researchers, scholars, students, professionals, and other relevant stakeholders of all disciplines are invited to contribute to this symposium. Research papers describing original and unpublished works of conceptual, constructive, empirical, experimental, or theoretical work in all areas related to the theme of the symposium which was cordially invited for presentation.
- Green criminology and its legality
- Transforming the Criminal Justice System through a restorative justice approach.
- Roles and responsibilities of Stakeholders for Restorative justice
- Impact of restorative justice on victims of crime
- Restorative justice as an alternative to punitive discipline
- Divergent attitude due to racial, ethnic, and social structure notions in attaining social orders
- Perceptions of law enforcement officials on the Criminal Justice System
- Emerging trends in research and action in criminology and victimology
- Perspectives on dilution of crime due to overcriminalization
- Revamping the Criminal Justice System through victim’s participation: Victim Impact Statement
- Victim-offender mediation as an initiative for collective healing
- Harmonizing the Criminal Justice System by involving the offender and victim in the Judicial process
- Distributive justice as a gateway for access to justice
- Innovative police training for revamping the confidence of vulnerable classes (women, children, minorities, people with special needs, ethnic groups, etc.) in the Criminal Justice System
- Insights on Forensic victimology in the contemporary era.
- Efficacy of theories of punishment in the present scenario
- Mapping the victims of Digital crimes
- Reformative discourses for cyber criminology
- Role of Forensics in victim identification
Important dates of submission
- Last date for submission of Abstracts: 27th February 2023
- Acceptance of Abstracts: 01st March 2023
- Last date for Submission of Full Article: 13th March 2023
- Date of symposium: 17th -18th March 2023
Mode of symposium
The symposium will be held in hybrid mode with both online and offline components. This is subject to the Government of India guidelines against SARS-Cov2, issued from time to time.
Please note that the symposium will be held in hybrid mode. The registration charges (along with full paper) can be made at any time on or before 27th February 2023. Please mention the subject as ‘Law Symposium’ while making the payment. If it is a co-authorship, both participants are required to pay the registration fees separately.
Fees payable through IMPS/NEFT
Delhi Metropolitan Education
HDFC Bank Ltd., Sector 18, Noida
Account No: 50100187447560 (Savings Account)