Agnel School of Law is organizing the 1st National Moot Court Competition and seeking registrations for the same.
About Agnes School of Law
A selective law school whose faculty and students are dedicated to advancing human dignity, social welfare, stewardship, and access to justice through the knowledge of the law and thus have a meaningful and far-reaching impact on the legal profession, society and nation-building .
Fr. Agnel Technical Education Complex, founded by Rev. Fr. Conceicao Rodrigues, began its journey in Vashi, Navi Mumbai 36 years ago. Today, the college campus, spread over seven acres, provides a serene and conducive environment for learning.
About the Moot Court Competition
The moot court competition brings together students from different law schools in the country to compete in a fast-paced and challenging professional environment.
The competition shall have Three Rounds (ie Preliminary, Semi-Final and Final). The Preliminary rounds shall comprise Two Rounds of oral arguments subject to the allotment of team codes. The match up of teams in Preliminary Rounds shall be determined on the basis of a draw of lots.
Students duly enrolled and pursuing full-time 5 years or 3 years of undergraduate law courses may apply to participate in the given ‘competition’. Students enrolled and pursuing a post graduate diploma or short-term certificate courses are not eligible to apply.
- The team composition for the competition shall consist of three members consisting of two (2) Speakers and one (1) Researcher.
- All members of the team should belong to the same institution.
- The competition shall be conducted in the English language only.
- Each team participating in the competition must prepare one memorial on behalf of the petitioner(s)/Appellants (s) and one on behalf of the Respondent(s)
- Teams must register by the link given at the end of this post.
- A soft copy of the memorial in PDF format should be sent to [email protected] for evaluation.
- Memorials shall be sent as attachments with the mail in the form of a single file for each side of the memorial. No extension will be granted with respect to the deadline.
- The selected team will be allowed a team code on confirmation of participation.
- The amount of registration is 3000/- rupees from each team.
- Click here for the payment link.
- Registration deadline: 15th May 2023
- Memorial submission deadline: 20th May 2023
- Event Dates: May 27, 2023 – May 28, 2023
- Winning Team – Cash Prize Rs.11,111/-, Trophy & Certificates
- First Runner Up – Cash Prize Rs.7,777/- Trophy & Certificates
- Best Mooter – Trophy & Certificates
- Best Researcher – Trophy & Certificates
- Best Memorial – Trophy & Certificates
- Well-Dressed Team – Trophy & Certificates
- Each team will be presented with a Momento & all participants will receive participation certificates
Mode and Location
Offline; Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra
For any queries, please contact:
- Prof. Radhika Rodrigues – 9518501740
- Izmat Shaikh – 9323441255
- Darshan Gupta – 7021294931
Click here to register.
Click here for the Moot Proposition and Rules.
There is no ads to display, Please add some