The Association of Indian Universities is an Apex Advisory Body on Higher Education mandated by the Ministry of Education, to determine the equivalence of foreign degrees and conduct Youth Affairs & Sports Activities in the Higher Education Sector in India.
At present, AIU has about 914 member universities (Central, Institute of National Importance, State and
Private Universities), including 14 overseas universities, and is serving the Higher Education Sector for the last 97 years. Many national luminaries have served this organization in different capacities, and the most prominent examples are Dr. S. Radhakrishnan, Dr. Zakir Hussain, and Dr. Syama Prasad Mukherjee who has served as Presidents of AIU.
The WB National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata is an academic community committed to the pursuit of knowledge, wisdom, discovery, and creativity. Its mission is to provide student-centric education and foster personal and intellectual growth to prepare students for productive careers, meaningful lives, and responsible citizenship in a global society.
The curriculum content and design encourages students and faculty to transcend disciplinary boundaries by tackling complex and vexing problems facing the legal community in their social and political, local, national, and global, context and view law as a social institution.
About Sister Nivedita University
bout Sister Nivedita University – Established in 2017, Sister Nivedita University aspires to inculcate in young minds the learning from the lives of great leaders such as Swami Vivekananda and Sister Nivedita.
At Sister Nivedita University we constantly dedicate ourselves to the motto of excellence and service to the student community so that they can transfer their acquired knowledge to the greater benefit of society, in accordance with professional ethics and values.
About the Moot
The Association of Indian Universities (AIU) has expanded its wings and added to its activities another feature of holding a National Moot Court Competition. The aim of this competition is to provide undergraduate law students with an opportunity to harness their skills in research and advocacy.
The WB National University of Juridical Sciences (WBNUJS) and Sister Nivedita University, Kolkata (SNU) are jointly hosting the flagship moot court competition of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) “2nd AIU National Moot Court Competition, 2023” from March 17 to 19, 2023.
It promises to be a spectacular event with the spectrum of experience and knowledge brought in by The WB National University of Juridical Sciences, coupled with the enthusiasm and exuberance brought forward by Sister Nivedita University.
The competition proposes to present an interesting challenge to participants all across the legal spectrum, as the moot proposition has been drafted to test their approach towards the contemporary issues in areas of law that are unsettled or that have been subject to recent developments.
- Participation is restricted strictly to bona fide law students pursuing the three years or five years LL.B. degree course in any institution in India. Students doing their LL.M. and Diploma courses are not eligible for participation.
- Only one team is permitted to participate from each participating institution.
- The team must consist of three members, two members shall be designated as ‘Speakers’ and the third member shall be designated as ‘Researcher’.
How to Register?
- All participating institutions have to confirm participation by sending a duly filled Registration Form by email to [email protected] on or before February 18, 2023.
- The duly filled-in hard copy of the Registration Form must reach the Organizers by March 11, 2023.
- The participating Teams are required to pay Rs. 5,000/- as registration fees. The registration fees must be paid by NEFT or IMPS. Details of payment shall be emailed to the Organizers along with the registration form.
- The last date for payment is on February 18, 2023.
- AccountName: SISTER NIVEDITA UNIVERSITY
- Banknames: State Bank of India
- Branch Addresses: HA-1, Sector – III, Bidhannagar, Kolkata – 700097
- Account Numbers: 37649815742
- IFSC Code: SBIN0070682
Accommodation & Food
- Accommodation and food shall be provided to the participating teams for the duration of the competition, ie, from March 17, 2023, 12:00 PM till March 20, 2023 12:00 PM.
- All facilities shall be provided only to the registered members of a team and no additional members, parents, observers, coaches or faculty advisors shall be accommodated.
- The OC shall not arrange travel to and from the campus to the airport/ railway station/ bus station. It is the sole responsibility of the teams to arrange for the travel when they are arriving and leaving from the campus.
The event is scheduled to be held at the campus building of Sister Nivedita University, DG Block(Newtown), Action Area I, 1/2, Newtown, New Town, Kolkata 700156, West Bengal, AND The WB National University of Juridical Sciences, 12, LB Block, Sector III, Bidhannagar, Kolkata 700098, West Bengal.
The following awards shall be awarded in the Competition:
- BestTeam: the team winning the final round of the Competition shall be given a trophy, medals, certificate and cash prize of INR 30,000/- (Indian Rupees Thirty Thousand Only).
- Runners Up: the runners up team in the final round of the Competition shall be given a trophy, medals, certificate and a cash prize of INR 20,000/- (Indian Rupees Twenty Thousand Only).
- Second Runner-Up: the team standing third in the semi-final rounds shall be given a trophy, medals, certificate and a cash prize of INR 10,000/- (Indian Rupees Ten Thousand Only).
- Best Memorials: The team having the highest average written submission score from both sides shall be given a trophy, certificate and a cash prize of INR 10,000/- (Indian Rupees Five Thousand Only).
- Best Speakers: The speaker having the highest score in the preliminary rounds shall be given a trophy, certificate and a cash prize of INR 5,000/- (Indian Rupees Five Thousand Only).
- Best Researcher: The participant having the highest score in the test shall be given a trophy, certificate and a cash prize of INR 5,000/- (Indian Rupees Five Thousand Researchers Only).
- Certificates of merit shall be given to all the teams qualifying for the Quarter-finals and beyond.
- Certificate of participation shall be given to all the participating teams.
- Notification of the Competition and Release of the Moot Problem: January 19, 2023
- Last date of Seeking Clarification: February 15, 2023
- Release of Clarification: February 17, 2023
- Last date for registration (submission of registration form online): February 18, 2023
- Last Date for Online Payment: February 18, 2023
- Allotment of Team Codes: February 19, 2023
- Last Date for submission of Travel Forms (E-mail): February 20, 2023
- Last date for submission of soft copy of written submission: March 6, 2023
- Last Date of Submission of Hard Copies of Registration Forms and Three Copies of Written Submission for Both Sides: 06th March 2023 Arrival of Teams: March 11, 2023
- Arrival of Teams: March 17, 2023 (12 PM Onwards)
- Opening Ceremony, Researchers Test, Draw of Lots and Exchange of Memorial: March 17, 2023
- Preliminary Round and Quarter Final Round: March 18, 2023
- Semi-Final Round, Final Round, Award Ceremony and Valedictory Session: March 19, 2023
- Departure of Teams: March 20, 2023 (Within 12:00 PM)
Any and all clarifications and queries regarding the Moot Proposition shall be sought only via email to [email protected]
Any other queries (other than the Moot Proposition) may be directed at the following persons:
- Prof. (Dr.) Debashree Mukherjee Faculty Convenor +91 98363-78797
- Dr. Paramita Dasgupta Faculty Co-Convenor +91 83348-11400
- Mrs. Ananya Chatterjee Faculty Co-Convenor +91 75508-68390
- Mr. Arghyadeep Chakraborty Student Convenor +91 96749-03709
Click here to register for the moot.