Backstage at AEW All Out on Sunday, AEW World Champion CM Punk went on a heated tirade in opposition to “Hangman” Adam Web page, Colt Cabana, and the AEW Govt Vice Presidents Kenny Omega and The Younger Bucks, who turned the inaugural AEW World Trios Champions at All Out, the identical night time Punk defeated Jon Moxley to develop into a two-time AEW World Champion.
As PWMania.com beforehand reported, the scenario was described as a “melee,” and AEW Producer Ace Metal was current alongside along with his longtime pal/scholar, Punk. The Bucks confronted Punk about his scrum feedback, and issues turned bodily when Punk threw punches at Matt Jackson. There have been rumors that Nick Jackson was “knocked out” in the course of the altercation, and that Nick and Matt had cuts and bruises on Monday. Metal then allegedly threw a chair at Nick, putting him within the eye and this “knocked out” or “rocked” Nick. Metal can also be accused of biting Omega and grabbing his hair. Metal and Omega had a “tussle,” and it escalated to the purpose the place Metal bit Omega and pulled his hair. Metal was later reported to have “shoot cracked Nick with a chair,” and many individuals consider he shall be fired from the corporate because of the incident. Tony Khan, AEW President, was not totally knowledgeable of the whole incident till after he had completed talking with different abilities on the scrum, and he was not current for any a part of the backstage incident. There was a lot dialogue about how Khan not too long ago set a precedent by suspending Eddie Kingston for his incident with Sammy Guevara, and the way he could should droop all or a few of the events concerned in Sunday’s incident. You may learn our earlier report with extra particulars, together with backstage speak about what occurred, who was guilty, why there may be some sympathy for MJF, and way more, by clicking right here.
A brand new report from Fightful Choose notes that they had been in a position to verify with sources that Metal bit Omega, Punk threw punches, and a chair hit Nick within the eye. Nevertheless, there are differing views on how every thing started. Extra info on what occurred is offered under:
* The brawl lasted “about six minutes,” with Brandon Cutler, AEW Producer Pat Buck, and AEW Expertise Relations Head Christopher Daniels amongst these trying to mediate.
* Regarding the Punk/Metal story, it was reported that after Punk’s look within the scrum, The Younger Bucks approached Punk’s locker room, and Punk was not answering the door after working an extended match, bloodied, and having simply completed with an emotional scrum. The Bucks had been apparently pounded on the door, with some claiming they “kicked it down.” Metal’s spouse was in Punk’s locker room earlier within the night time as a result of she was watching his canine. Metal acknowledged that his spouse’s presence within the neighborhood of the incident triggered him and brought about him to go ballistic, throwing chairs and biting Omega. Metal claimed that he was extra involved along with his spouse than with anything. Omega reportedly didn’t look like as upset at first, however issues escalated and he was bit by Metal. The bodily altercation was described as “very lengthy,” as beforehand acknowledged, one other supply estimated it to final six minutes. It was additionally reported that the back-and-forth continued after the brawl. It needs to be famous that the data offered above is just one facet of the story.
* Some consider Punk ought to have been confronted about what he mentioned in the course of the scrum, whereas others consider Omega and The Bucks aggressively approached Punk’s locker room, which Punk could have misinterpreted as a 3-on-1 assault.
* Many individuals are upset with Punk’s dealing with of the scenario on Sunday night time. Even artists who would usually assist Punk have both acknowledged that they might not have carried out so or have declined to touch upon the file. A number of long-time AEW wrestlers are questioning why Punk was not let go after this.
* Regarding the conflicting reviews on the beginning of the bodily altercation, Wrestling Observer Radio famous that there is no such thing as a dispute that Punk punched Matt a number of instances, and that Metal threw the chair at Nick, bit Omega, and pulled his hair. Nevertheless, one facet claims that Punk threw the primary punch when The Bucks entered the room the place the brawl erupted, whereas the opposite claims that The Bucks had been the aggressors and Punk and Metal had been merely defending themselves. It was additionally acknowledged that the events concerned should not permitted to talk on account of pending authorized points, however when talking with impartial events, all however one particular person gave the identical account of what occurred. When the battle broke out, there have been a small variety of individuals within the room at first, after which a lot of individuals. Those that witnessed what occurred should converse with AEW officers and authorized in the event that they have not already. It is also been speculated that if one thing occurs to Metal, Punk will wish to stroll away as a result of Metal is his longtime pal and unique coach.
* There may be a number of uncertainty surrounding AEW Dynamite from Buffalo on Wednesday, with a number of wrestlers components of their artistic for the present.
* As PWMania.com beforehand reported at this hyperlink, Punk took a jab at MJF in the course of the media scrum, with Khan additionally weighing in. In accordance with reviews coming from AEW, there was no indication of rigidity between MJF and Punk previous to Punk making his feedback on Sunday night time.
* There are rumors that Metal and Punk are leaving AEW, however sources near the 2 say they haven’t been knowledgeable of any departures. Many on the AEW roster consider that if Punk and Metal should not launched, important amends shall be required.
* Police are mentioned to have been concerned sooner or later. We beforehand talked about that there was speak of potential authorized ramifications for these concerned, and that one supply mentioned Metal was fortunate to not be in jail. Individuals had been protecting quiet concerning the incident, partly on account of potential authorized implications.
“Hoffman States Police Division doesn’t have any police reviews, nor any documentation that police had been requested, throughout AEW All Out occasion for something that allegedly occurred backstage. The one police response on the occasion was concerning a household situation within the viewers,” the Hoffman Estates Police Division mentioned in an announcement.
For individuals who missed it, particulars on Punk’s damage at All Out will be discovered by clicking right here.
Beneath is a video of a safety guard dashing backstage on Sunday to take care of the incident, in addition to the complete scrum and a clip of Chris Jericho informing Khan of the incident:
When Jericho completed his scrum, he mentioned to TK “Some shit went down” pic.twitter.com/HKvI5Ey5Wz
— Son Of A Glitch (@Andy_TGL2) September 5, 2022
I discovered the a part of the safety homie operating out of the scrum. pic.twitter.com/8rxAeUilSj
— Righteous Reg (@RighteousReg) September 5, 2022
Keep tuned to PWmania.com for extra.