Gujarat National Law University (GNLU), located in Gujarat, India, was established by the Government of Gujarat under the Gujarat National Law University Act, 2003 and is recognized by the Bar Council of India (BCI) and University Grants Commission (UGC).
About VS Mani Center For Air And Space Law (VSMCASL)
VSMCASL was established in 2019 to engage in various ways in shaping the emerging discourse in the field of Air and Space Law.
The vision of the Center is to engage in improving the existing legal and policy framework for the facilitation and regulation of safe, secure, affordable, and sustainable aviation and to contribute to the shaping of a legal foundation for the future of humanity that lies in space .
Restrictions imposed due to Covid 19 pandemic are being gradually relaxed the world over. The aviation industry is emerging from its disastrous fallout in an encouraging manner. While safety and security continue to be the predominant concern, the commercial viability of various stakeholders has gained policy makers’ focus.
India continues to be a promising player in the global aviation sector due to various initiatives that have been taken by the government in recent years. The strategic significance of space is being realized due to the creation of space assets through ever-improving technologies. Increasing the commercialization of space requires a rethink as to how we comprehend space in the present world. Independent space ventures are becoming a norm.
Even human space exploration is becoming more and more reliable on the participation of private players. The Indian government has taken significant steps like establishing a regulator to encourage the involvement of private players in the space industry.
The International Conference aims to provide a platform for deliberations amongst Air and Space Law enthusiasts and thereby contribute to the emerging discourse on the challenges posed to Air and Space Law in the future.
- Management and regulation of airports
- Anti-competitive issues in aviation
- Protection of consumer rights in aviation
- Aviation financing
- Insolvency and Bankruptcy issues in the Aviation industry
- Aviation-related crimes and aerial terrorism
- Air accidents/incident investigation
- Search and rescue
- Environmental aspects of the aviation industry
- Commercial space mining
- Space tourism
- Space debris
- Space communications
- Space exploration
- Space Insurance
- Environmental harm maintaining to human activities in space
- International liability for incidents/accidents in space
- National space laws and policies
Note: The list of sub-themes is indicative. Accordingly, a research paper on any other area relating to the conference’s theme may be considered.
How to Register?
Interested candidates can register by the link provided at the end of the post.
- Abstract: 300-500 words
- Paper: 3000 – 5000 words (excluding references). Submissions below or above the word limit shall not be considered.
- Citation style: OSCOLA. (4th Edition)
- Fonts: Times New Roman; Font size-12; Spacing- 1.5. A cover page with the title of the Essay, name, and affiliation of the author/co-authors shall be attached.
- Submit text as a Microsoft Word document (.doc or .docx).
- Co-authorship is permitted up to a maximum of two authors.
- Submissions need to be original. Plagiarism shall result in disqualification.
- Submissions shall be made online mode only.
- Submissions shall be in English.
- The topic once registered shall not be changed.
- Any identification mark (in any form) on the paper shall lead to disqualification.
- Multiple or incomplete submissions shall not be considered.
- Any contribution received after the last date shall not be considered.
- Last Date for Registration and Abstract Submission: 31 March 2023.
- Abstract Selection and Intimation: 10 April 2023.
- Last Date for Full Paper Submission: 15 April 2023.
- Registration of Attendees: 10 May 2023.
- GNLU Students: INR 590/-
- Students: INR 1180/-
- Others: INR 1770/-
Queries can be addressed at [email protected]
Click here to register.
Click here to submit the abstract.
Click here for payment fees.